Saturday, November 6, 2010

Basic delicious asparagus

Asparagus used to be one of the vegetables that I would avoid like the plague.  I have distinct memories of sitting in my spot at the dinner table crammed against the wall refusing to eat it, being told that it was too good for me anyway, and then feeling proud of myself for not having to eat a foreign green stick.  Then I actually tried asparagus a few years ago, during the much looked forward to post-teen era.  NUM.  Anyway, I thought that making asparagus would be a big B, and never considered making it for myself.  Since I was a little snot when I was a kid I never paid much attention to how my mom prepared it, so I was kind out of luck.  Until I realized that asparagus is the probably one of the easiest vegetables to prepare.  I haven't deviated much from my basic recipe, which consists of asparagus, sea salt, olive oil and lemon.  Honestly, I haven't found much need to.  Yet.


Ingredients:
1 bunch of asparagus
olive oil
sea salt
lemon juice (I use the concentrated stuff that comes in a plastic lemon)

What you need to do:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Line a pan with tin foil
Coat asparagus with olive oil and arrange the stalks.  Use a brush (or hands) to apply oil.
Sprinkle sea salt over the stalks
Squirt a small amount of lemon juice over the stalk arrangement.

Bake for ten minutes.
Devour.

No comments:

Post a Comment