Saturday, November 6, 2010

Avocado Steak

I found this recipe at Lifes Ambrosia.  I figured that it was worth trying.  I mean, I like steak and I like avocados.  IT WAS GREAT.  I've never seen Alex light up so much, so that was definitely worth all of the "hard work". 

The Ingredients: (LA's recipe called for onion powder, but I didn't have any and it was spectacular without it)



  • 2 pieces of steak
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 avocado
  • 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pinch kosher salt
  • juice from 1 lime
What to do
Mix together garlic powder, ground cumin, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, and chili powder




Rub it on your chunks of meat.



I then set the meat aside in the fridge for about an hour.  I took this time to make the avocado sauce (and do some pilates).

For the sauce:
Peel the avocado, take out the pit, and chop it into pieces. 




















Blend/process all of the avocado sauce ingredients together.
This sauce was delicious, and I'm fairly certain it is the same sauce that our favorite Peruvian restaurant serves as a dip to go with their roasted corn kernels.  









Grill or pan-grill your steaks until they have some pink in the middle.
Serve with the avocado sauce spread over the top.
My happy man

I found this recipe to go very well with the asparagus recipe that I provided below and sliced mango.  Alex has requested this to be made on a monthly basis, we'll see about that...

Everything prepared provided enough for two meals.  Modify as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment